Privacy and Data Protection Policy
The Tuition Pod Limited maintains a strict policy of Client confidentiality. This policy relates to all information provided by Clients to The Tuition Pod Limited and all data that The Tuition Pod Limited holds in relation to use of the site. It supplements and is in addition to the Terms and Conditions and should be read in conjunction with them.
What do we collect?
Registration and student details (for Clients): This includes details such as your name, email address, address, telephone number, your child’s name, your child’s date of birth and your child’s educational background.
Details (for Tutors): Name, telephone number, email address and details of relevant teaching / tutoring experience. We may also store your bank details for the purpose of making payments to you for work done through The Tuition Pod Limited.
What do we do with your information?
Your data may be used without limitation for the following purposes:
- to improve The Tuition Pod Limited;
- to ensure we deliver a good service to clients and tutors;
- internal data analysis;
- to notify you of any changes to The Tuition Pod Limited’ service; and
- to be kept informed for marketing purposes we may contact you by email. In these instances clear directions will be given of how to unsubscribe from any correspondence.
We will be asking you for personal data about you and your child/ren in order to deliver a tuition service to you. I must have a legal basis for collecting this data, and there are six lawful bases:
(a) Consent: The individual has given clear consent for you to process their personal data for a specific purpose
(b) Contract: The processing is necessary for a contract you have with the individual, or because they have asked you to take specific steps before entering into a contract.
(c) Legal obligation: The processing is necessary for you to comply with the law (not including contractual obligations)
(d) Vital interests: The processing is necessary to protect someone's life.
(e) Public task: The processing is necessary for you to perform a task in the public interest or for your official functions, and the task or function has a clear basis in law.
(f) Legitimate interests: The processing is necessary for your legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of a third party unless there is a good reason to protect the individual's personal data which overrides those legitimate interests.
I will be processing your data under the following bases:
This information will be collected by a Director of The Tuition Pod Limited at the start of your child's tuition. We will be asking for this data verbally, or in writing, upon initially agreeing to commence tuition; it will then be recorded on paper forms/digitally. We will ask for this information at regular intervals to ensure it is up to date. We will do this by asking you to complete and return a data form.
The information that we require will be:
- Child's name
- Child's date of birth
- Child's age
- Child's address
- Parents' names, addresses and contact numbers (who has parental responsibility for the child)
- Child's doctor's name and contact number
- Any allergies / medical history/ requirements
This data will be used to:
- Support your child's learning requirements, including informing the tutor(s) working with your child of relevant details
- Provide information about activities in our setting
- Contact named people in case of emergency
- Ensure a contract of service is delivered and maintained
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we will process any personal data according to the seven principles below:
- We must have a lawful reason for collecting personal data, and must do it in a fair and transparent way. We will be clear about what data we are collecting, and why.
- We must only use the data for the reason it is initially obtained. This means that we may not use a person's data to market a product or service to them that is unconnected to the reasons for which they shared the data with us in the first place.
- We must not collect any more data than is necessary. We will only collect the data we need to hold in order to do the job for which we have collected the data.
- We will ensure that the data is accurate, and ask parents to check annually and confirm that the data held is still accurate.
- We will not keep data any longer than needed. We must only keep the data for as long as is needed to complete the tasks it was collected for.
- We must protect the personal data. We are responsible for ensuring that we, and anyone else charged with using the data, processes and stores it securely.
- We will be accountable for the data. This means that we will be able to show how we (and anyone working with us) are complying with the law.
We have registered with the Information Commissioner's Office, the UK's independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest, promoting openness by public bodies and data privacy for individuals.
We will keep all paper-based records about children and their families securely locked away.
If we keep records relating to individual children on our computers, externally or cloud storage such as iCloud, Google Drive or Dropbox we will store the information securely, for example, in password-protected files, to prevent viewing of the information by others with access to the computer. Firewall and virus protection software are in place on all devices used. Any backup files will be stored on an encrypted memory stick or hard drive, which we will lock away when not being used.
If we store any records using our website, we will ensure they are compliant with GDPR.
Sharing information with third parties
Clients: Other than sharing your information with your Tutor we will keep your personal information confidential and not pass it on to any 3rd parties unless we are required to do so by law.
Tutors: The information that you provide to The Tuition Pod Limited forms the basis of a tutor profile. This includes the following information: a photo ID, the subjects that you teach, your teaching experience, personal biography, your personal teaching approach, testimonials, and payment details for when we need to pay you. The Tuition Pod Limited may share part of your profile with prospective clients. We will pass on your contact details to clients for jobs that you have applied for or for jobs that you have expressed an interest in. Other than sharing information with our clients we will keep your personal information confidential and not pass it on to any 3rd parties unless we are required to do so by law.
Transfers of Data Outside the UK/EEA
Your personal data may be transferred to countries outside the UK or European Economic Area that may not have the same laws to protect your data. This may occur for example if our computer servers are hosted outside of the UK/EEA or if we have a client enquiry from outside the UK/EEA. You should not submit any personal data unless you accept this position.
How do we keep your information safe?
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept safe and will endeavour to protect it from unauthorised access. Your information will only be kept for a commercially reasonable period of time for the purposes stated above.
Access to your data
You have the right to request a copy of all personal information that we hold about you. For such requests we charge an administration fee of £30 and we will make information available within 7 days.
Safe disposal of data
We are required by law to keep some data for some time after a child has left tuition. We have a review plan in place and ensure that any data is disposed of appropriately and securely.
If we suspect that data has been accessed unlawfully, we will inform the relevant parties immediately and report to the Information Commissioner's Office within 72 hours. We will keep a record of any data breach.
Changes to this policy
This policy may be changed or amended at our absolute discretion, so you should review it from time to time so you are aware of any changes. Any changes will be posted on the Website.
If you have any questions, please contact us @ email@example.com